Thursday 31 December 2015

Ten epic projects of 2015!

These are ten of the most fan favourited projects of 2015, I did far more than just these ten projects this year, and as always- much love and thanks to all the fans, clients, collaborators and friends for all the shenanigans we got up to this year. May 2016 find us even more shenanigans! 

On with the list, in no particular order! 
This is my Crystal Maiden cosplay (DOTA2). This one took forever and a day, because all that light blue detailing you see on there? That's hand appliquéd and heat treated to keep it there. Fun stuff. I built the staff too, measuring in at just under 8 feet, it's a behemoth, and it lights up all pretty like. 
The whole thing turned out beautifully and I couldn't be happier with it! 


Next on the list is a massive gown with panniers and the whole nine yards as far as underpinnings go. This is a trial run for another one of these I'm building in pink- to make sure I can wrap my head around the underpinnings and the drape. It's become a fan favourite and it's not even done yet! 

Up next is the fabled malefiecient-scissor hands mash up. This is another one of those detail rich pieces, as such it took a massive amount of time to build and complete- you can read about the build progress elsewhere in this blog. 
It features draped belts, hand sculpted and cast headdress and a staff that comes apart to fit in its owners smart car. 

Next is a personal project, paying homage to my love of all things Star Trek and team engineering/science (pending how you look at it). One of my first ever waist training over busts, this one pushed some patterning skills to new levels. 

Up next is my Bowser project for Veda Cosplay. You can read all about the build in a previous post so I won't get into that.  I will however say that piping and I still aren't on good terms, though I do love, love, love how this turned out. 

Here we have a peek at the upcoming robotica collection (hopefully launching in 2016!) and my first attempts at pairing the art of corsetry with technologies like EL wire and hidden power supplies. 
Electrical work/wiring and I do not mix well so this one is a special kind of success for me. 

This one is a collaborative project with the amazing Bettie Buxom! Pushing my boundaries on my love/hate relationship with tulle, this ensemble also features new to the line up this year harnesses and my tried and true waist training under yay corsets in cotton duck fabric. Stay tuned for gorgeous photos of this collaboration from Ashlee Champagne photography!

Also paying homage to my love of all things nerd is the Star Wars "twin"/contrasting corsets made this year. 


While on the topic of Star Wars, another one that pushed the skills a bit was the twi'lek build for my collaboration with Nordic film works! 


Another new one for this year was my first set of Edwardian stays. This one was shown at this years annual steampunk shoot and get together at Fort Edmonton park, rocked by the one and only Bettie Buxom with one of the fabled tulle wisp gowns made from 300 meters of tulle. 

Thank you all again for being apart of the wonderful year that was 2015! Wishing you all the very best in 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment